Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stables PSA: Michael Yon - "Iraq: Inside the Inferno" - Soldiers Angels Need Your Help

My inbox:


Dear friend,

I am very proud to announce that my publisher is processing a check to Soldier's Angels for almost $5000.00 as I write this to you. It would not be possible without you so I want to thank everyone who purchased a copy of my new book Iraq: Inside the Inferno 2005 - 2008. Sales the first week were great but I want to raise as much as $50,000.00 for Soldier's Angels and I need your help to do it.

IRAQ: INSIDE THE INFERNO will come off the press for shipment late this year before the holidays, but my publisher is not going to ship the regular version to bookstores until Spring. Why? Because we want to raise $50,000 to help Soldiers’ Angels.

To meet this goal, my publisher is creating a limited number of boxed, signed, and numbered deluxe editions of the book to be offered exclusively to my supporters and both of us are contributing a portion of our proceeds to Soldier’s Angels.

I will personally sign and hand-number each copy of this special edition and enclose a certificate, suitable for framing, to memorialize your support of my mission and of Soldiers’ Angels.

PRE-ORDERS
The cost for each signed, numbered deluxe copy is $49.95, plus shipping. A lot of money, but here is the bottom line: The money we raise from sales of this book is crucial not only to support my own mission but for our goal of raising at least $50,000 for Soldiers’ Angels. That’s why we have tried so hard to create a work that expresses our gratitude for your support. As you know, I have returned to Afghanistan just days ago and my arrangement with my publisher provides book royalties to me earlier than a traditional publishing arrangement in order to assist me with my mission.

My publisher is now accepting pre-orders for Iraq: Inside the Inferno Pre-ordering will guarantee you a copy – we can print this special edition only once – and within days of the book coming off the press
If you so choose, please order this book. It goes to a wonderful cause both in helping Soldiers Angels & Yon's awesome images/reporting of happenings on the ground in Afghanistan.

If you don't want or can't afford the monies for the book could you possibly donate a small amount directly to Soldiers Angels? It's tax deductible. Right now they are working on Christmas stockings for the troops and in urgent need of funds. You can donate here

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

No comments: