Why in the hell would they order him to do this? It's evidence.....gawd, this is nuking futz:
Texas – A soldier who recorded the terror of last year's deadly shooting rampage in Fort Hood using his cell phone was ordered by an officer to delete both videos, a military court heard FridayThanks to Malkin's tweet
Under cross examination, Pfc. Lance Aviles told an Article 32 hearing that his noncommissioned officer ordered him to destroy the two videos on Nov. 5, the same day that a gunman unleashed a volley of bullets inside a processing center at the Texas Army post.
The footage could have been vital evidence at the military hearing to decide if Maj. Nidal Hasan should stand trial in the shootings. The 40-year-old American-born Muslim has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.
Previous (Jawa Report):
NPR Reporter Says Nidal Hassan Reminds Her of McVeigh
Ft Hood: Testimony Begins in Nidal Hasan Hearing[Background]
U.S. Islamists Congratulate Fort Hood Murderer, Urge Muslim Soldiers to Follow His Example:
Adam Gadahn Praises Nidal Hasan, Calls for More Lone Wolf Attacks
Anwar Awlaqi in Contact with Hasan Prior to Attack, Today Calls Hassan "a Hero"
Terror-tied ISNA official teaching troops at Ft Hood about to deploy to Afghanistan, wrote of "preemptive strikes" against Islam's enemies(UPDATED) It gets worse
Cross posted at the Jawa Report