Thursday, March 20, 2008

Former Canadian NHLers Play Canadian Troops in Kandahar

I would do a h/t on this but it comes from a far lefist. His headline "NHL The New Taliban?" perked my curiosity and is as far as I will go for a h/t. This is a nice story and to put it down that way disgusts me.

CTV Canada

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The score indicated a defeat for Canadian soldiers, but their sweaty smiles said otherwise.

Hundreds of spectators turned out today to watch Canadian troops grapple with a team of visiting former NHLers in spirited game of ball hockey at Kandahar Airfield.

With the Stanley Cup on display, Team Canada routed the soldiers 9 to 2, but there were no long faces when it was over as the two teams exchanged back-slaps and autographs.


Good on Team Canada for doing this.

Also at My Pet Jawa

No comments: